Successful realization of the 1st Summer School “Sustainable Transport Interchanges Program” in Riga, Latvia
With great success was realized in Riga, Latvia the 1st Summer school entitled: “Sustainable Transport Interchanges Program (STIP) – Part I: Freight Transportation” from 16th to 22nd July, 2017. The Summer School was organized by the Transport and Telecommunication Institute (TTI), Traffic, Transportation and Logistics Laboratory of the University of Thessaly (TTLog) and Fraunhofer Institute for Factory Operation and Automation (IFF). In total 25 young researchers from Latvia, Lithuania, Greece and Germany participated in the School.
The School was implemented at the premises of TTI and concerned a number of selected courses focusing on Freight Transportation:
- Research methodology and teamwork setup
- The European policy on intermodal transportation
- Building business models for intermodal transport interchanges
- Sustainable development and transportation planning
- Operation and management of intermodal transport systems
- Optimization of intermodal transport systems
- Information systems for intermodal freight transport
- Design of freight transport interchanges
- Smart technologies for efficient transport logistics
- Decision making methodologies
- Data collection methods.
In addition, students had the opportunity to visit Riga’s Commercial port, attend two special lectures by Mr. Graham Ellis (UK) “Freight terminals – facing the challenges, a real world perspective” and Dr. Jens Klauenberg (Germany) “Current status and future trends in freight transport” and form collaboration teams for the students’ project.
For further information about the project, please contact:
Prof. Irina Yatskiv (Jackiva)
Transport and Telecommunication Institute
Eftihia Nathanail, Giannis Adamos
Traffic, Transportation and Logistics Laboratory
University of Thessaly
Phone +302421074164, +302421074158