SHOP4CF - Smart Human Oriented Platform for Connected Factories
SHOP4CF aims to find the right balance between cost-effective automation, repetitive tasks and involve the human workers in areas such as adaptability, creativity and agility where they create the biggest added value. To do this, the consortium will tap into all data streams generated within the factory.
SHOP4CF will achieve this through the following means:
· A platform developed on an open architecture encompassing technologies based on RAMI 4.0 and FIWARE Technologies, which can support humans in production activities, and providing basic implementation as a free, open source solution. This platform will initially include 30 components developed within SHOP4CF project by top RTOs from all over Europe.
· Implementing pilots acting as the testing facilities and seeds for adoption of the platform. Industrial leaders in Europe from within the SHOP4CF consortium will lead four large-scale pilots. Thirty smaller pilots with third parties selected through five competitive open calls will receive technical, business and access to investment support.
· SMEs (developers and end users) can access essential services for digital transformation including business modelling, technical support, and access to skills and finance within a one-stop-shop (marketplace).
· Building a vibrant and growing community around the platform necessary to create the adoption critical mass.
· Leading pre-standardization activities in the areas of collaborative robotics, AGVs and use of IoT devices on the shopfloor.
The Fraunhofer IFF has developed two components named “Automated Safety Approval” and the “Review Risk Analysis” within the project. The component “Automated Safety Approval” automatically evaluates robot trajectories for compliance with required separation distances. The environment is modelled in advance using the “Safety Planning Tool” which is implemented as a Plugin for the proprietary 3D simulation software “Visual Components”.