The Fraunhofer IFF’s research scientist have the best basic conditions at their facilities in Magdeburg to expedite projects with industry clients efficiently and to develop and test technologies for the systems theoretical issues of the world of work of tomorrow based on research.
Practiced Human-Technology Collaboration in Research
In response to progressive digital transformation, research is now dominated by digital models in high performance software environments.
The range of possible analyses is as diverse as the requirements on resource efficient supply chain and factory systems themselves. Unsurprisingly, the institute’s Logistics and Factory Systems Business Unit employs a wide range of laboratories, technologies and testing equipment for analyses and testing:
- Saxony-Anhalt Galileo Test Bed
- Telematics laboratory
- Factory design equipment, e.g. design tables, CAx software
- Simulation and statistics software
- Energy meters and electronics
Flexible with Stationary and Mobile Equipment
Creating custom solutions that meet your demands is challenging work for our researchers. Our advanced laboratory infrastructure in tandem with our own quality standards delivers two compelling advantages:
- We use stationary equipment in our testing facility to select and configure technology components in complete systems and to test the function of system solutions, even in challenging environments.
- We use our mobile equipment at clients’ facilities to evaluate systems’ practicability, while incorporating real operating conditions. Modular in structure, flexibly scheduled and always accurate!
This is a hard test but our mission and most compelling argument for ensuring the transfer of research solutions from tidy laboratories to demanding day-to-day manufacturing operations.