What conditions does smart mobility require?
The rise in traffic is steadily pushing the existing transportation infrastructure to its limits. This is affecting road safety, efficiency and convenience adversely. Upgrading infrastructure either usually entails very high costs or is impossible in many cases. Digitalizing the transportation infrastructure and the services provided is a cost effective alternative to improving traffic and its flow. Together with industry and research partners, the Fraunhofer IFF is researching:
- new collection and exchange solutions based on V2X, V2V and V2I communication,
- development of new use scenarios,
- methods of intelligent traffic data analysis,
- actions that improve traffic flow, traffic and road safety, and
- evaluation of infrastructure models through simulation studies.
... and thus providing the best conditions for the transition to intelligent transportation.